I was stumped on how to get a medical marijuana card in my state

Dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder is frustrating and relenting.

I witnessed the passing of several close family members during a freak accident at a family gathering. I just haven’t been the same since, and it has made it difficult for me to hold down good jobs where I have a lot of responsibilities and make a generous income. Of course my psychiatrist tried a host of different drugs to treat my condition, but nothing seemed to work long term. I was extremely open minded to try any medication that he could find to give me, but we were both starting to get frustrated when symptoms wouldn’t improve. There’s only so much you can throw at a disorder like that if it doesn’t naturally improve with time. I was in therapy for this entire process, but that didn’t seem to improve my condition either. Finally, I saw a glimmer of hope when our state passed a law legalizing medical marijuana at last. There is a lot of information out there about marijuana’s efficacy with treating PTSD symptoms, but I never wanted to break the law just to use it. Now that it is legal, there’s nothing stopping me from using the plant. However, I was immediately puzzled on how exactly I go about getting a medical marijuana card here in my state. I learned that I need to get a document from my psychiatrist noting that I have PTSD. Then I take that document to a special marijuana doctor who approves me for a cannabis recommendation. Once that is filed with the state’s Department of Health, I send them a $75 fee and then they send me my medical cannabis card. It might sound like a lot, but the process is much easier than I initially thought.

Marijuana dispensary